Dr. Stan Hill, a much sought after choral clinician is available to work with your chorus on a wide range of choral techniques including but not limited to:
- Vocal development
- Vowel placement and uniformity
- Consonant articulation
- And many other choral techniques as needed by your singers.
A choral director for over 45 years, the proof of his success is in the over twenty recordings of his choruses over his career.
Whether at a chorus retreat, an All Day Rehearsal or a single rehearsal, bringing Dr. Hill in to work with your singers will reinforce the sound foundation you have already established with your group as well as offer new and refreshing insight into means by which your chorus can achieve optimal sound and convincing communication of their music.
To discuss bringing Stan to work with your chorus, contact him directly.
Comments from the Artistic Director and members of MenAlive, the Orange County Gay Men’s Chorus after a recent weekend reteat:
MenAlive (The Orange County Gay Men’s Chorus) Retreat Clinic/Workshop Comments:
I hope you had a good time with us. Our guys were elated with everything. Several with little musical background told me they learned so much.
You are a stellar teacher. Just amazing. I haven’t really been in any of your session, just know your work over the years. It was a master class in many ways.
Your session (the morale one) yesterday was not only uplifting and challenging to the chorus, but was laced with support for the artistic director. Most of my board was not there on Sunday. Though i have a good board right now, it would be a “ministry” to us if you would ever sit down with the board and leadership and do thjat piece again.
You personally inspired me. Just when I think I’m winding down, I am inspired to do more. I hope to connect with you again soon. Let me know if I can ever be of help to you….
Fondly, Rich Cook, Artistic Director, Men Alive, the Orange County Gay Men’s Chorus
- You have been amazing this weekend. I enjoyed your humor but I also feel like I will be leaving this weekend not only a year older but more confident in my singing abilities. Thank you so much.
- I can say for me, that Stan Hill was the best Clinician we’ve ever had at our Retreat. Your experience and musicality and all around good nature is invaluable. Thank you for giving us your time. God Bless You.
- Great sessions for men alive. Thx. And I love our history.
- Thank you Dr. Hill. It was an honor working with you this weekend. I thrive on learning new and different things about singing and you certainly opened my eyes to a myriad of things to ponder and work through and towards. How exciting!!! I certainly hope that we get to work with you again in the future!!
- I have never been more inspired….. Your teachings this weekend were amazing…. I appreciate your knowledge … Light hearted attitude… And passion! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
- Good evening Stan Hill! Thank you for a great retreat with Men Alive this weekend! I think the most monumental statement of the weekend relates to making each rehearsal better than the last and the personal commitment it takes to achieve that. However, the elements on which we will have the ability to achieve that lies within the simplicity with which you present the vocal elements and musical theory that make songs music! Thank you for an amazing experience!!
- Thank you, Stan, for a truly enriching experience this past weekend. Not only do you have the education, background and experience to provide quality teaching, but you truly understand the psychology necessary to keep your audience engaged. Thank you also for your focus on the humanity of a GMC. A healthy chorus can meet so many needs in the lives of its members. I look forward to seeing you again, and having the opportunity to continue to learn from you. I wish you all the best!
Hugs and blessings,
- Stan, I wanted to thank you for the incredible work you did with Men Alive this past weekend in Palm Springs. I’ve been singing with the Chorus for almost 6 years have to say that last weekend’s retreat was the best one I’ve ever been to. You brought a sense of ownership and community in your approach to what it means to be a part of the Gay Choral community. I appreciated you sharing about both your professional and personal life. I especially enjoyed your techniques in vocal production and exercises in self awareness. I’m hopeful that many of us will incorporate these lessons into meaningful practice. My experience was overwhelmingly positive. You have a wonderful wit and sense of humor which kept me engaged. Not such a small thing for a person with an attention deficit disorder. Thank you, again, for your insight and generosity. Namaste!
- Juan Carranza Thank You Stan and another thank you for all the inspiration and vocal training you’ve given MenAlive!
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Enquire about choral clinics”]